What is Hope Hollow?
Hope Hollow started as the private home of Kevin and Jane Jacquemin-Clark. The Clarks opened their home at no charge to patients and families living outside Franklin County for overnight or short-term stays related to their cancer care. The desire was and still is to provide a place of hospitality and hope to you while on you are on your journey. Today, Hope Hollow has expanded to now include lodging at local hotels and motels, meals, transportation assistance and emotional support to cancer patients and their loved ones coming to Columbus for their treatment.
Who can stay at Hope Hollow?
In order to create a calm, peaceful environment Hope Hollow is limited to hosting one family at a time. A “family” means the person seeking care and his/her family members and/or caregivers. Guests must have a permanent home address. All guests must be fully ambulatory and non-contagious. All guests must sign the Guest Agreement Form, the Guest Liability Form, and abide by Hope Hollow rules.
*Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when staying at Hope Hollow.
What accommodations are available?
The house has three private bedrooms – one room with a queen bed, one room with two twin beds, one room with a queen sleeper sofa – and two private bathrooms. Hope Hollow provides bed linens and towels. Note: All guest rooms are on the second floor, accessible only by way of stairs.
Guests have access to common areas including a living room, dining room, gathering room, prayer/meditation room, and a guest laundry.
Is Hope Hollow a medical facility?
Hope Hollow is not a medical facility. There is no medical staff or emergency support on site.
How do I arrange a stay?
1. All rooms are reserved by advance notification.
2. Contact your Columbus medical provider and request a referral to Hope Hollow.
3. Your medical provider needs to complete the Guest Information Form on your behalf.
4. Once Hope Hollow receives the Guest Information Form you will be contacted as soon as possible (in most cases within 24 hours).
5. Accommodation requests are prioritized based on availability and financial need.
6. A Guest Liability Form will need completely filled out, signed and returned to us prior to your arrival.
What is the cost?
Staying at Hope Hollow costs nothing. You will be a guest in the home of Kevin and Jane Clark. Hope Hollow is supported by the Clarks and many friends and corporate neighbors who wish to make a difference for you and your family while you are in Columbus seeking treatment and medical care.
Can I donate to Hope Hollow?
Hope Hollow is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. We welcome donations, but there is no expectation of our guests. See Donate page for more information.
What are the house rules?
Hope Hollow’s primary concern is that the guests staying at the Clark’s home are safe and comfortable. To that end, all guests must sign the Guest Liability form prior to arrival. Hope Hollow prohibits the following:
1. smoking inside the house or on the grounds
3. illegal drugs
Hope Hollow cannot tolerate behavior that threatens the security or well-being of our home and neighbors. Such behavior will result in the loss of your welcome at Hope Hollow.
Can I bring pets?
While we understand the importance of pets in the healing process, Hope Hollow does not have the capacity to allow pets.
Is child care available?
Hope Hollow provides no child care.
Note: Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when staying at Hope Hollow.
May I have visitors?
Hope Hollow welcomes only people seeking medical care and family members/caregivers listed on the Guest Information Form.
Is transportation provided?
Hope Hollow does not yet provide transportation.
How close is Hope Hollow to my appointment?
• The Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital: 7 miles / 12 minutes
• Grant Hospital: 11 miles / 16 minutes
• Riverside Methodist Hospital: 4 miles / 9 minutes
• Dublin Methodist Hospital: 10 miles / 14 minutes
• Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 11.5 miles / 15 minutes
• Zangmeister Center: 14.6 miles / 20 minutes
Is maid service provided?
Between guest visits, the house will be cleaned. However, there is no daily maid service. We ask that all guests be responsible for keeping their bedrooms, bathrooms and the common areas neat and clean.
What amenities does Hope Hollow offer?
• use of refrigerator and microwave
• laundry facilities: washer, dryer, iron, ironing board, detergent, bleach, and fabric softener (provided at no charge)
• phone (free local calls)
• fax machine (limited use)
• cable television with DVD player (in common areas)
• computer with wired and wireless Internet access
• books, board games and DVDs